Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Baile Funk do Mexico?!?

It happened and it's awesome. I have been trying to follow baile funk for a time now. The real shame is, I've been to Brazil, studied ethnomusicology, learned portuguese, but never, NEVER, encountered baile funk until this year?!? Not cool, me! Not cool. Thankfully, several people out there have more due diligence than I did

Before I go any futher, I first want to thank, Pimpdaddysupreme for actually introducing me to this brand of jams. Secondly, huge props to Diplo and the Mad Decent crew.
Diplo has just recently put out a documentary on Baile Funk called "Favela on Blast." Have I seen it? Of course not, I'm a loser. That's neither here nor there. That being said, in m my quest for Baile Funk, I was first sought out via myspace by this group (Lights Camera Action). They're great, but then... Bonde do Zombinhos caught my eye. Baile Funk...From Mexico!! Hot!

So check them out. I mean it!

Spice J

No comments:

Post a Comment